Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Great News!

I have had some personal accomplishments!! Are you ready for this?? I ate a quesadilla that had both green peppers and onions on! Actually there was a tiny bit of cheese and a small piece of chicken on each section of quesadilla- so mostly those gross green peppers and onions…except that it wasn’t horrible! Not GOOD, but not horrible. I’ve also been trying to eat the coleslaw, cucumbers, lettuce, peas, and a few other veggies that I do NOT like at all! I’m getting better…I might be able to eat a few more veggies once I get home!  haha…anyways This past weekend I hung out with Raymon, Whitney, and Kory. It was a lot of fun! Everyone else went to Dangregia. We started out Friday night with some intense games of Killer Uno (can’t wait to teach you how to play) then we watched “The Rescuers” that movie is really funny! I haven’t watched in forever! After the movie-Raymon started poking me so Whitney and I attacked him. We ended up tickling him and running all over the house! It was so much fun-he was jumping over banisters to try to get away from us- oh my gosh! SO much fun!! On Saturday, we went to Xunantunich. It is a Mayan site, that I have already been too, but the other hadn’t- so I went again. They asked me to lead them-so I pretended to be a tour guide. It was hilarious; some of the things I told them really were true, but I made most of it up. We were laughing so hard. Then we went to this resort and went swimming for a few hours; we played extreme volleyball, haha! After swimming, we went to dinner at Sister Kay’s. Since there were only a few of us, she made yummy tortilla’s, beef, and delicious potatoes! Then she had rice pudding-it was the best I have ever tasted, I need to get the recipe from her. All of us were pretty tired but we wanted to do something fun. The boys were just hanging out and I decided that I wanted ice cream. I asked Whitney if we could go to Cayo Twist. She came up witht the most brilliant plan. We blindfolded the boys and led them to Cayo Twist and bought ice cream for them. Trying to get them to come with us and trust us was crazy- and I was leading Kory- he is about 6’ 7” so VERY tall…and I was trying to control him- hilarious!!! After ice cream we played some more killer uno and then I really wanted to do Karaoke! Raymon came out and he asked me to sing “Hakuna Matata” with him. Then Whitney and I sang “I won’t say(I’m in love)” from Hercules and “I’ll make a man out of you” from Mulan. Raymon ended up filming us-it was so funny, we stood on a banaster-Raymon and Kory were laughing so hard! After these, Raymon and I sang “A Whole New World” together- haha..good times!
Yesterday, we had our first Leadership Seminar. We talked about healthy perceptions and important leadership characteristics. It went so well. It was exciting to see them actively participate in each discussion and feed off other’s input. We had sixteen students! Twelve ended up traveling from Belize City to come. We brought one from San Ignacio and the rest are from there in Belmopan. It is exhilarating that everything is working out and the students are so engaged! The class that we are teaching here in San Ignacio is full of significantly younger students (ages 14-16) and I don’t think that they have the same interest level or motivation. They are more here to have fun and don’t want to be learning or in deep conversation. We will see how the classes this week go. If they aren’t interested then we may try to do a different program that meets their needs and will keep them out of the street at night- just not focusing on our Leadership stuff.
Well that’s me the past few days!! Love you all….I would love to hear from more of you! Thanks to those of you who have written me letters or emails.

No comments: