Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dear Blog Readers,
This past week was crazy! We were all ready for our Business classes and we traveled to Belmopan to teach but none of our students showed up :) We’ve been thinking about different ways to advertise and keep in touch with our participants more frequently up until the classes. So we are trying again and will hold the classes the second week of August. On Wednesday, I went to Belize City to pick up our last four volunteers. It was a long day the airport because the first girl came in around 10:00 am and the other three didn’t come until almost three o’clock! But we (Calvin, Krysta, and I) just talked, read, and slept, while we waited. When we got home everyone in our house was really sick with stomach cramps and diarrhea. Thursday morning when I woke up, I was feeling great one second and then all of a sudden, I was really really sick! I had to cancel my plans for the day- I went and told Raymon that I was sick and he decided that it was food poisoning since everyone got sick within a two day period. We figured it was from the potato salad that Sis. Kay made for us on Tuesday night. So I was sick from that for a few days- along with the rest of our group. I just worked on stuff around the house and slept. For the weekend a lot of people went to Mountain Pine Ridge. I haven’t been feeling very adventurous lately- I just want to chill and relax from a long hard week. So Raymon, Whitney, and I stayed in San Ignacio. We went to the market, I bought a bunch of movies and some more shorts. Then the rest of the day we worked on stuff for the team, watched a movie, and took naps. 

No comments: