Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Monday, July 12, 2010

Expressive Arts Camp

This past week I traveled to Belmopan everyday and worked at an Expressive Arts Camp. There were five groups: Singing, Drumming, Dance, Drama, and Recorder. I was in charge of singing. I had one of the other volunteers (Whitney) assist me in teaching. She helped me A LOT..couldn't have done it without her! Anyways...so we taught five groups of about ten students so between 40-50 kids between the ages of 5-10. We worked really hard all day! I don't think I could ever be a teacher- at least not elementary school. The kids are super cute but totally crazy :) I didn't really have a voice at the end of the week. On the last day we had a performance where all the parents came and watched what the kids had learned. I taught the kids Popcorn Popping and we also learned I just can't wait to be king, from the Lion King. They did SOOOO good! I was a proud teacher-I felt like the kids were my own. I was kind of sad to see them leave. But it was fun!!!

No comments: