Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 100

Can you believe that I have been living in Belize for 100 days now?? SO weird! ANyways...I am feeling so much better. I have been traveling to Belmopan everyday to teach my Leadership Seminars, Conflict Resolution, and Literacy. Four of us practically live at the George Price Center. It has been extremely exhausting working with kids all day again-kind of like the Expressive Arts Camp-but it has been super fun as well. I would love to share what I have learned from assisting in teaching conflict resolution, when I get home. Literacy has been fun teaching kids how to read and write. My children can't read at all, so we've been practicing the alphabet for the past two weeks. They started writing the letters a couple of days ago and that has been cool. We have a presentation and my kids are going to sing the ABC song and draw pictures of what they have learned. I'm excited to have the parents see what they are doing. I taught Leadership on Wednesday. We did Resumes and Interviews. I had a volunteer from my group help with Resumes because she knows tons about them. Then I taught about how to get ready for an interview, how you should act in one, and expectations for after the interview. Then I split everyone up and we did mock interviews as if they were applying for the position of Manager at the grocery store Brodies. They went very well and I had tons of fun interviewing. We gave feedback of how each student did and any other tips we had from real life situations.
That is what I have been up to for the past week! I only have about a week and a half left- YEAH!!!!
Love you all.

No comments: