Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Movements

Lately I've been really focused on working out and trying to stay active. I've been going to a couple of yoga classes and trying to go running a few times a week. It is so interesting to see how much the body is capable of even when your mind thinks you can't take another step or you can't bend any further. Your body stores tension in different areas of the body-maybe the neck or the shoulders or the hips and then your body moves in different ways in order to release that tension. As I'm doing yoga and running I feel that tension and stress leave me. It is amazing and makes me want to continue to run and "yoga."

It is interesting how people get into different routines, once you've learned how to do something or where something is, it has become second nature to do that thing or go to that place. Sometimes I find myself stuck in these routines and not paying attention to the details of what is around me. I've driven the same route to work almost every day since September. I've changed it up a little here and there but I've found the fastest route and that's the way I go. Just recently, I was sitting at a stop light and I looked up and saw that there was a NewBalance store there on the corner. I sat and thought to myself, "Is that new?" and I couldn't answer. I had no idea because I had just driven straight down that road. I wonder how many other details and beautiful things I miss because I'm just trying to get to work or to the store. I will be safe but I want to be more observant about the awesome things that I have around me. I want to admire the architecture and wonder at the big trees and  ponder about the people I see walking. There is so much to take in and I'm going to try to take in a little more of the movements around me.

In my last post I talked about sticking to the basics in reference to gospel principles. In September, I began my 100 Days Closer to Christ with my scripture study. I did well for the first little while and then kind of fell apart. I'm going to start again to help focus my scripture study. I also have a goal to study my scriptures for 1/2 an hour every day. I'm sharing this because I'm the type of person that once I've shared a goal, I'm much more likely to achieve it. Anyone and everyone is welcome, and encouraged, to check up on me and these goals! We will see my movements and steps in my spiritual progression and strength to withstand temptation and be a strength to those around me.

There are movements all around us and in our own lives. We must embrace these  movements. We must learn and grow from these movements.

No comments: