Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Inspired Steps and March Madness...in April?

I know, I know..it has been a very long time since I've blogged. A few people bugged me about this but I just couldn't find time to write. I have been inspired by my dear friend, Josh, to post. I now commit to the world that I'm going to do better! :)

Well it is April. I have all of 2013 to catch you up on but don't worry, I won't do it all in one post, that would get overwhelming for everyone. So I've decided to just talk about April and then as I'm writing future posts I may refer back to, and catch everyone up on the first part of 2013.




Usually March is filled with basketball for people considering March Madness but my basketball craze came in April. As an FHE activity we were able to attend a Jazz vs. Portland game. It was a lot of fun to hang out with some of my girlfriends from the ward. I was also thinking, it was the first bball game I had been to since college.






A week later, I went to a work conference on benefits. We met at the Energy Solutions Arena (previously known as the Delta Center) and had an all day training with drawings, food, etc. After the training we had dinner and then we went to a Jazz basketball game. We were playing the Thunder! One of the drawings throughout the day was for us to go down onto the court during halftime and high-five the players as they came back onto the court. We were suppose to cheer them on and pump them up for the second half. I was selected for this AWESOME task :) We ended up getting free t-shirts too.


The players were not all that excited because they were losing-and these games are really important because they are battling for 8th place in the tournament against the LA Lakers. So they need all the wins they can get. We tried to be as positive as possible and cheer them on as they high-fived and fist-pumped us. Even though they were losing, it was super cool to be down on the court.









I went up to Logan for Easter and my mother's birthday at the end of March. We had my birthday dinner (only 2 months late) at El Torro Viejo- my FAVORITE Mexican restaurant. It was fun to spend time with my family. I pretty much hadn't gone to Logan since the beginning of the year and I miss Cache Valley.









A few thoughts that I've had in April:

*General Conference: came at the perfect time. I was reminded of a lot of basic, key principles that may have been lacking. Sometimes I get so caught up in details that I have to step back and go to the basics. Where is my foundation? What am I leaning on? What is important to me and am I doing what I need to to get that? I love being able to listen to our church leaders. I felt such a spirit as they were talking and I'm excited to go back and study their words again. I was able to listen to the Priesthood session. I particularly loved Elder Hales talk. Even the quote that is at the beginning is perfect "Standing obedient and strong on the doctrine of our God, we stand in holy places, for His doctrine is sacred and will not change." My life is always changing, I am always changing but if I am holding onto something constant, that is true, I will remain on a stable foundation. I will be able to help others through their changing times. And we can remain true to God. I just love this gospel. I just have to remember to stick to the basics.

*People: are in my life for a reason. I just want to give a shout out to all of my friends and family and say thank you. Especially, those new friends in my life. Keep living by the spirit because at times you don't know-through your example and words you are blessing those around you. Each of you are blessing my life. I love people. I love learning from you. I love learning about you. I love serving you. I love spending time with you.
I have been blessed with this ability to love easily and forgive easily and that makes me vulnerable to get hurt easily. After chatting with a friend, he said (and I am paraphrasing), it is better to love and forgive and get hurt then to close up and not be blessing those may be needing that love. So I will continue to put myself out there and love and forgive and I trust that the Lord is there to help me get through the pain may come later.

I feel like I could keep writing all day about random things! This post HAS been very random and scattered and the next one may be too since I'm trying to catch you up. But I'll get back to my normal posts soon. But there are a few thoughts and steps from Cydnee's April 2013.

No comments: