Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Migraines and Bucketlist Items

Well this last week was great and horrible at the same time! I've been having a lot of problem with migraines. I ended up having a day where I just had to stay home from work. But alas, all is well. We'll figure it out.

On Friday, I got to go to Jurrasic Park 3D with some friends and then we went out for ice cream after. That was really fun to just have a night out on the town. I don't go to movie theaters very often-but obviously for a good 3-D movie you need to. It was just the original Jurrasic Park movie, redone. It was awesome!!

On Saturday I crossed something off my bucketlist!! I went with Josh, Kathryn G., and her old roommate, Rachel Boaz to the Festival of Colors here in SLC. We walked in, hadn't bought chalk and people were just throwing the chalk on us. By the time we made it to the line for chalk we almost didn't need to buy any because we were covered in color. We still bought some chalk so we could cover each other even more and throw it on to other people.
It had been raining off and on all day and we were a bit worried about it. But we hit the perfect window-it was raining as I drove to the Festival and then as we were leaving, it started to rain again. Here are a few pictures of our lovely colors!

I have a lot on my bucketlist and I'm continually adding to it, so we'll see what other adventures we can find myself on over the next little while!

I've just finished up a book called Personal Entropy for work. Basically it discusses how to increase your productivity-the factors that contribute or deter you from that goal. It was a great read and I wrote a little bit more of the specifics on my "Keeping Up With Business Blog" if you want to check it out.

A little bit from my scripture study: I was finishing up 1 Nephi and starting 2 Nephi. These are a few things I found that we can use to come closer to Christ and other patterns I saw or thoughts that I had:

In 1 Nephi 20-22, something I found is the fact that Christ is the light and that there will be a prophet to lead his church. We know that there was a time where the earth had no prophet but since Joseph Smith restored the gospel to the earth, we will always have a prophet to lead and guide us. That is a powerful tool: to have the  mouthpiece of God so close. These scriptures also talk about how the righteous need not fear.

With my 100 Days Closer to Christ, there is a scripture of the day and a thought of the day. I LOVED the thought of the day that went with these scriptures: "Our faith in the Lord is the source of spiritual power that will give you and me the assurance that we have nothing to fear from jeourney." -M. Russell Ballard

If we follow Christ and have faith we will have spiritual power to lean on at all times--even the tough times!! I believe those are the most important times to be leaning on faith so that I don't stray from the path of truth and righteousness.

Have a good week! Keep Christ's light close and challenge yourself to try something new :)



2 comments:

momentbymoment said...

I didn't know that you had another blog. I'll have to give that one a gander :)

CydneeRae said...

Yeah! I don't post there as often and it will all be about business topics :)