Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Friday, May 21, 2010

Had some accidents

Hey everyone!
I am so sorry...I have had a few troubles over here and have not been able to keep up on anything. Last week I was out because of my back..and this week I became the first person from Team Belize to go the hospital. I can't see out of my left eye and it has been swollen and hurting for a few days..I probably shouldn't be on the computer now but I had to give an update. I am typing with my eyes closed and not really looking at this after so I hope there aren't too many mistakes. :) The first weekend I was here we helped with some Health Fairs all around Belize. It was a lot of fun and we got to do some traveling. Last week I helped with two main projects. We helped the Red Cross do a lot of sorting through old clothes so they can do a clothing sale- It was just like my job at Somebody's ATtic. I took charge of that and now their trailer looks like the basement of SA. We also helped the Red Cross go out to some villages and we worked on taking the safety census. I've been practicing my Spanish and am also learning sign language. Last week I was also able to start getting the Soilet project in to action. I met with some Colleges and Universities and other partner organizations to find contacts and get the soilet in motion. I will give more details about that later. This week I met with a few organizations about teaching business and computer classes. I will be working with a Woman's Group from the Cornerstone Foundation doing weekly activities with them as well as teaching two computer classes twice per week and supervising a third one that a CS volunteer will be teaching. It is going to be so much fun. I start teaching piano next week as well. I have 8-10 students and I will be teaching them all at the same time in the San Ignasio chapel. I've never taught that many kids at once- usually I do one-on-one, so we'll see what I can come up with! That's really all i can think of right now..plus my eye and head are killing :( I will catch ya later!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Cyd

I've been concerned about your left eye. Your Dad and Ali were here last night and he said you had been able to call home yesterday. Hope your eye is continuing to improve. I've had blank spots in my left eye recently due to macular degeneration, so you certainly have my sympathy---and concern!

You mentioned in an earlier email to your Mom that you were going to give piano lessons to some of the church members. Have you started that yet?

Myrma Redd (next door neighbor to the east) just got back from a Book of Mormon cruise in Central America with two of her grandchildren. Their tour included Belize. She said yesterday she had ordered a video from their tour and would show it to me when she gets it.

My prayers are with. Love, Grandma Gwen