Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 1

I'm in Belize. We are staying tonight in Belize City with the mission president and his wife. It is sooo green here. And all the buildings are very colorful- but the entire country is extremely poverty-striken, even more than I thought. I had my first meal of chicken, rice and beans. I also had part of a fried banana but I kinda gagged- I'll try it again another time. We have a training tonight with the local hospital. We are going to be teaching at a health fair tomorrow so we will learn what to teach. We are just getting right to work. It is so humid and hot. I haven't stopped sweating since our plane landed. Pretty much disgusting! Well..I have to go. I will catch you up more later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your day one report was very interesting and I'm looking forward to future reports. We had a good time at the Mother's Day Brunch at Iron Gate Grill's new location.
Emily and Cedra were here this evening. I gave Emily your blog address and you'll be hearing from her. Cedra flew home from Milwaukee Saturday and met Emily in Salt Lake City. Emily came in for a friend's wedding in the Logan temple Tuesday, so it worked out great that she and Cedra could meet in SLC Saturday and come to Logan togeher. MIchele called and said they had an offer on their house in Riverton (after being on the market only one week) that they had accepted and they were making an offer on one in Willard.
Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures in Belize.
Love, Grandma Gwen