Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Welcome 2014

Well it is 2014 another year to take steps to be a better person as well as screw up and try again and again.

The past couple of months I've begun to draw and paint a little. My painting is just water colors and it is usually just a stress relief tool-they never look good but I don't really care. My drawings have actually been better than I had ever expected when I took on the task of developing a new talent. Here are two that I've done.






 Drawing has been really fun. I'm sticking to landscapes and buildings and such-no people or animals at this moment in time. I think those will be a ways down the road.If you have ideas of what else I should draw, I'd love any suggestions! One of my goals for this year is to learn one new technique per month and try to get two sketches done per month.






In December, I took a trip to St. George to visit my dear friend, Franchesca. We went to a house to see their Christmas lights. You tuned your radio to a certain station and then the lights flashed to the music. It was one of the coolest things ever. We ended up staying there for close to 45 min and then came again the next night to show Mamma Rosie as well; there were about 9 songs that they played through. 

A favorite pass time in St. George is going up to some red rocks and exploring. There are great views and fun climbing. We found this really cool old "house" there was an old firepit built into the far wall. I had some fun in there. There was a large rock that looked like a snake-so of course I had to have a picture of it "eating" me.



Some other St. George adventures included going to the Tuacahn Theater and watched a live nativity put on by a local ward there. It was a nice little presentation. We also went to the St. George Temple. We did baptisms. The first attempt failed-it was a very long wait. So we went to the movie Frozen (LOVED IT!!) and then went back to the temple. We went right in and it was a fantastic experience. Mamma Rosie treated us to the most amazing donuts at a place called the Fractured Prune. You get to create your own custom donut or you can pick from their specialty donuts. I had one that had a cherry glaze with coconut and chocolate chips on top. I can't remember the name but it was divine! St. George was a success!



Over Christmas we had a fun "Grandpa and Grandkids Movie Night" we watched  Dispicable Me 2. It was pretty good and we enjoyed ourselves for the evening. The rest of Christmas was fun hanging out with the family and eating lots of yummy food.






I brought in the New Year with Adam (he's the one I went to Savior of the World with from the last post). We watched Netflix and ate Cafe Rio. We also youtubed Dubai's new year celebration. It was pretty dang impressive. You should watch this clip it was just amazing.



On New Year's day, I slept in and then went and hung out with Chante'. We went and saw Frozen again (still love it :)), enjoyed a lovely breakfast lunch at Denny's, and then wandered around Quilted Bear for a long time! We read some awesome quote boards, took great pictures and were definitely ready to go before we finished looking at everything.






 
The next day my amazing friend, Matthew, moved to SLC. I helped him move in and then we hung out and chatted. I'm so excited to have him down here now. We'll have some great adventures soon, I'm sure! Since then, I've had my roommates slowly come home from the break, played some games, did a little more drawing, made way too many goals to actually accomplish, and relaxed while watching a new favorite show, Chuck.

Here's to more frequent blog posts for 2014 and to accomplishing all and more than what we want to this year!





At Tuacahn for live Nativity

No comments: