Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Friday, January 17, 2014

It's Worth It!

Halfway through January, it is crazy how days can seem so slow yet time passes so quickly overall.

Well, I have signed up for an month of art classes, we'll see if I can improve my drawing skills. I'm excited for that! I was working on a sailboat this week and I can do it but I think if I have some professional direction on some of the basics of drawing again, I could be so much better!

The past week, I found out that I used up all of my PT visits through insurance. So I'm now on this home excerise regimend. It is just not as effective but I'm going to push through and do what I can. I'm going to the gym to swim and try to get some elliptical and bike workouts in. My friend, Nate, just showed me some stretches he does every morning. He's been pain free for 2 years just from doing these stretches. He was actually able to run a 1/2 marathon! So I'm going to start tonight and see if there is any improvement. I would love to run and hike and play again!

I've officially begun my studying for my human resources certification. There is a huge test in May that I'll be taking. As I've been taking time for studying, I wonder how I did this all day, every day, for most of my entire life!! After an hour of diligent studying my brain and body try to tell me that I've done enough and I need to relax now. It is going to take a little while to get back into the study mode, I once lived in. I'm hoping it'll kick in soon because I am a little behind on my study schedule already. Soon enough, I guess.

Last Saturday, Aubri and I went to the Bountiful temple to do baptisms. It was beautiful and the first time either of us had done baptisms there. Everything went smoothly and it was a visit we both needed! A great relief to just step away from the world and feel some peace. I also started Temple Prep on Sunday evening, which was fantastic.

I've started to play piano officially for the ward choir. We're starting off with the "Homeward Bound" song. It is beautiful! BUT it is a 4-handed piece. I'm supposed to be playing with a guy in the ward but he wasn't able to come to the practice this last Sunday. I'm thinking he better be here this Sunday because we're supposed to sing in Sacrament Meeting the next week. Him not being there brough a little stress to me but I'm doing okay now. If that song isn't ready we'll be singing "Abide with me" which is a hymn so I'm perfectly confident in playing that hymn. This kid who has been playing will be getting married in March and I guess I'm just taking over for him. I love playing so I'm excited.

I also had a couple of game nights this week. Wednesday night, I went and hung out with Adam. We got pizza and he introduced me to a few things. First, Sherlock. The TV show is on Netflix and I really enjoyed it! Second, playing Tetrus against someone! I've only played against myself before and didn't think I was too bad. But with Adam playing against me, I caused our games to lack in the length department. I felt bad but it was still fun. The last thing he introduced me to was, Street Fighter. It is a video game that I was skeptical about but it was a lot of fun. I wouldn't play all the time but a night here and there is just fine. We enjoyed ourselves for the evening. Then on Thursday night, we had our new friends, Nate and Seth, along with Henry Kley over to play games. We had a ball!

I found a quote that I liked and thought I'd share it. I believe it is for weight loss but if you substitute "body" for "mind," "spirit," etc. I think it can be applied to any goal you are trying to acheive:

"It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. You will need to make healthy decisions. It requires sacrifice. You will need to push your body to its max. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's worth it."


No comments: