Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"Food" is a Miracle Worker

A few weeks ago I began this new diet to help with my migraines...since last Tuesday, I've only had one migraine. Other than that, I've barely even had a headache. It is a MIRACLE!! I feel like I can think and function. Although the diet is very restrictive and to me seems very random (for the foods I can and cannot eat) I'm sticking to it for now to give my head a good long break. I will gradually start to add a food in and see if it triggers any pain in my head. If it does: I'm never eating it again. If it does not: I can reintroduce it to my diet.

I met with a neurologist last week. They did some blood tests and then I did an MRI of my brian on Friday. The MRI came back perfectly normal (as did my last CT brain scan). All but one of my blood tests came back normal and with that one I'll just be retested in a month and we'll see if it is anything to worry about.


I went home this last weekend. It was fantastic!! On Friday night, I went to the wedding reception of my dear friends Jason King and Whitney Norton King. Everything was very simple and gorgeous. I loved it. Afterwards, I hung out with Matthew Sargent. Such an awesome kid :) We had ice cream and then drove to a hill in Hyde Park. We ended up having a personal firework show from some rich family down the hill. I started to play patriotic music on my phone as we sat on top of his car. It was pretty epic.

Saturday was a slightly exhausting day! My madre and I went to help Grandma Gwen. Ali came and just hung out. I've been helping my grandma sort through tons of files from her life and my grandpa's. They have SO much stuff it is kind of ridiculous! haha But I'm stern with her and question if she really needs this or that. Half of the time she says yes and I ask her, "when are you going to use this?" She just looks at me and says, "Fine, throw it away." I'm the ultimate declutter-er! If you ever need this service..I'm up for hire. Saturday night was good. My mother made a recipe I picked. Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp. It was delicious. After dinner, I went with Zach, Natalie, and Franchesca up the canyon. We sat in the back of the truc
k and star-gazed, joked around, and attempted our squishy pictures...like always. I also took up cupcakes to celebrate Zach's birthday (that was last Tuesday). So much fun!!

Yesterday, I was able to do an actual workout for the first time in a very long time! I did pushups and crunches and stretches and some yoga. It was 25 minutes of solid workout! YAY for me :)

I'm still in the process of finalizing an apartment. I'm going to end up couch hopping for about a month because things keep changing but hopefully this can be finalized and I'll just couch hop for about a month.

I feel like that is pretty much the update. Tomorrow is the 24th of July. I'll be heading up to Logan tomorrow for the Pioneer Day celebrations-I'm very excited. Well until next time...take some steps to better yourself-in any way!

No comments: