Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Don't Ever Get Comfortable..Things Change for Good and Bad

I've decided people need to stop telling me, "It could be worse!" or "It'll all work out." Because after someone says that..it does get worse! And I'm not really sure how everything is going to work out. It will work it self out but is it going to be in a way that I would like? I have no idea but I want my body to get better and get back to a normal life.

It is amazing how your entire body works together to function. This last two weeks my migraines have become extremely severe and all too often. When I say often I mean every day! I've experienced five of my worst migraines. They put me completely out of commission-your brain controls your body-everything works together. I'm unable to explain how much pain I felt-my head compressing so much that I couldn't function. At one point, I had my hands up to my head in agony wishing it could stop because I didn't think I could take anymore. I thought of the Savior and His Atonement. I thought of him in Gethsemane and the excruciating pain he endured. I thought the pain I was feeling was excruciating but it was only one of my migraines. I wasn't even feeling back pain at that moment-or imagine combining the pain of two migraines!! I can't begin to comprehend the pain that Christ felt in the Garden. I'm so thankful for his sacrifice for me specifically. I am helpless without him. I know that I am very weak, especially right now. I need to try harder to rely on him and gain a deeper understanding of His great Atoning sacrifice for the world.

My job is great--although it isn't my dream job--my employer has been so good to me. They are flexible with my schedule and care about me and how I am doing. Just this last Thursday-I was very stressed. On Wednesday night, I had been told that I need to find a new place to live by the end of the month. That is only 2.5 weeks away! I was freaking out and had a slight panic attack-to say the least. At work the following day, I was very quiet and trying to not think to hard. If I thought about my pain and the stresses of finding a new place, I was going to induce a migraine and make it harder for me to work. I tried to just focus on work. I've been feeling bad about work since I've missed so much. I was hoping that people at work weren't starting to get annoyed. I was called into the office of the HR Director. One of the VP's and his assistant were there. I was scared out of my mind. They had me sit down facing all of them and I was asked how I was doing. I didn't know how to answer. I asked, "How am I doing with what?" They asked about my job and how I'm handling my responsibilities. Besides being gone, I thought I was doing alright with everything. I have reached all my goals and try to be prepared for anything in case I have to leave or call in a sub. All of a sudden they all started complimenting me on how they love the work I do and how much they appreciate me. I was shocked! Then they gave me a $50 gift card. To know I was appreciated in a place where I felt like I deserve the opposite, was such a great blessing. I try to express my appreciation and love for people as often as I can. But I want to try even harder and I encourage all of you to as well. It could make someone's hour, day, week, or month. Make sure people feel loved!

I do want to give a shout-out to some of my friends. I've been able to chat with some people who are far away. They give me courage and strength, make me smile, and give me something to look forward to. The past little while, I have greatly relied on my friends in Texas, Hawaii, Alaska, Idaho, and California! I have some pretty awesome friends in Utah too :) Thanks for all of your messages, talking with me-or probably more listening to me-haha, you have no idea what it means to me knowing that you are there to talk to. Thank you!


This weekend I was able to go home and spend some time with my family and a few friends as well. A dear friend came home from his mission this past week: Joseph Ditton. Mi padre and I went to his "homecoming" talk. He is within the top two best homecoming talks I've heard. He balanced principles with mission stories. He seems so grown up...I mostly remember his obnoxious pre-teen/teen years! haha But he has definitely matured. He shared his "Top Three Things to have Success as a Missionary." The first one was to find truth-seekers. To do this you must share your testimony of the Book of Mormon to everyone. Those who are seeking truth will accept it as truth and want to learn more. The second thing is the principle of Obedience. He shared about truth and light. The Holy Ghost shares the truth. When we think of light-people usually think of Christ first. Although that is correct, WE can be the light as well. In order to have that light and have the Spirit of truth dwelling with you, you must be obedient. D&C 93:28 says, "He that keepeth his commandments receiveth truth and light, until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things." There were some interesting insights shared about truth and light-Joseph encouraged us to study D&C 93. The final thing that Joseph taught about was Love. He said, "You can't want someone to be baptized without loving them." The great thing about this talk was that it doesn't only apply to full-time missionaries. It can apply to ward missionaries or not even missionary work. You can apply these things to personal growth or just growing and nurturing your everyday relationships. Joseph, thanks for sharing these things today!

I hope that we can all take steps in our life to come closer to Christ, gain a deeper understanding of His Atonement for each of us, that we can find ways to show our love and appreciation for those around us, and that we can either do missionary work or develop greater bonds with our other Brothers' and Sisters'. I love you all and am thankful for those who support and strengthen me.


No comments: