Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Making the Most of Now

My newest album of pictures on Facebook has been titled "Making the Most of Now." I'm not going to be getting any time from the past back, so why not make the most of now? I'm trying to embrace each step I take.




This past week I've finally made a break through on David's quilt. I kept getting stuck on part but with Aunt Sue's brain we figured out the piece I was missing! Hallelujah!! Halloween night I had an enjoyable time eating air popped popcorn, watching Once Upon a Time and Castle, while working on David's quilt.



I paid special attention to the colors around the city as I was driving today. I LOVE LOVE LOVE fall :)






Lunch today was fantastic because I got to spend it with two new friends. Ashley and Bonnie. We all work together and we walked over the Church Office Building, on Temple Square, to ate lunch in the cafeteria. It is so nice having a temple close. I love walking over there on my lunch and having a break from the world. I can breath and think in a way that is different than normal.






I also took a step as a good citizen to vote early. After work I went over to Trolley Square to vote. I waited in line for quite a while. I ended up running into a dear friend from Utah State. His name is Sam and I also met his friend Crystal. Crystal and I are now friends are we are going to tie some fleece quilts together. That should be great. This was Trolley Square-it was dark when I was leaving.



The past few days I've been paying close attention to those whom I communicate with and what their needs are and I've been trying to make sure that I'm making contact with the people that I love and care deeply about. As I've been studying the scriptures I'm trying to make connections on how I can come closer to Christ. I just want to share part of what I wrote in my journal a few nights ago:
I was reading 1 Nephi 11, the end of that chapter talks about the life and ministry of Christ. His entire existence was for us! His earthly ministry was about teaching others, serving others, healing others. He used the power of God to provide miracles to all those around Him. He prayed for others and he suffered torture, persecution and eventually death for others. For us. For me. Now I'm asked to put aside my pride and selfishness to fight against Satan because my Savior and Redeemer loves me. Why is that so hard sometimes? Christ gave EVERYTHING for me and I am trying to live my life in a way that He will be proud to call me His daughter. I can set aside myself, devote my time to others & Him, and I can make him proud. He has given us the path; if we follow, we will come closer to Him on earth and eventually live with Him again.

My life is what I make it and I'm making the most of my small steps!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love all of your small steps! Shonee and I had a ball with you. It was such an awesome Time Out for Women and it was great to get to spend it with you! Love ya Cyd