Strength does not come from physical capacity it comes from indomitable will -Ghandi

Friday, March 25, 2016

Easter: He Lives

For those who know me, know that my life is centred around my religion. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This is often shortened to LDS or known as the "Mormon" church. We try not to shorten the name though because we are centred around Jesus Christ, we are Christian, and without Him, we would not have a church. Every decision I make is based on my faith and testimony in my Saviour Jesus Christ.

The Easter holiday is approaching this weekend and I wanted to take this opportunity to share a few thoughts about my Saviour Jesus Christ, His sacrifice for each and every one of us, and his marvelous resurrection.

Jesus Christ lived his life teaching, serving, and doing only good from a very young age. He was the perfect example. Jesus was called Master by those who loved and respected Him. He engaged others where they trusted Him, believed his word, and followed Him. Yet He suffered more than any person ever has or will. Jesus Christ atoned for the sins of all mankind. This means that he knows exactly how every pain, trial, and sorrow feels for each and every one of us. He also knows how our joys, happiness, and peace feel. Christ has felt and lived every situation any of us will ever be in. He felt these things while he prayed, to His Father above, in Gethsemane and bled from every pour. Not only did Jesus atone for our sins, He was crucified. He was mocked, spat upon, whipped, then forced to carry his own cross to a hill in Calvary/Golgotha. Here He had nails hammered into his hands, wrists, and feet to that cross.

Throughout and all of that torture and mockery, Christ was still the perfect example. Some of His last words were used to forgive those who had caused hurt and harm. "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do..."(Luke 23:34).




Jesus Christ was buried in a tomb where he lay for three days. After this, by design of His Father in Heaven, Christ was resurrected. With this resurrection, eternal life and resurrection are possible for us. We are able to be reunited with loved ones after this earth life. Christ still lives today! He leads and directs His church still, through our Prophet and apostles.

Christ has asked each of us to Follow Him. I know that Christ will lead us to peace and safety. I know that since Christ has already endured the pains of this world, He will never leave us alone and He will never give us trials that we cannot bear and overcome. Christ has become my best friend as I keep Him in my daily life. Not only do I turn to Him in trials and sorrow, I make sure he is near during the joy and even boring moments.




I have felt the power of Christ in my life over and over again. I have used His blessed atonement to be forgiven of my sins and I am thankful to renew my covenants each week by partaking of the sacrament. If we each take the opportunity to follow Christ, we can find new life in each day. We can find ways to bless the lives of others. Christ Lives! I challenge everyone to find a way to bring a bit more of Christ into your daily life.



The Church has put out some great Easter videos that can all be found here but I have included two links below to my favourites:

Because He Lives

Elder Holland is always a powerful speaker! He shares some wonderful Easter thoughts here.

If you want an uplifting song sung by a precious 3-year-old, click here for "Gethsemane".


Thank you Time Out for Women for this fabulous pic!





















Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments: